In 1880 Joseph Drouhin founded the eponymous wine merchant, but it was his son, Maurice, who after the First World War, started to buy some of the good parcels around Beaune, including the famous Clos des Mouches. Maurice's nephew, Robert, continued his uncle's good work and expanded the domain in to certain prestigious terrroirs, such as Musigny, Griotte-Chambertin, Chambertin-Clos de Bèze, Bonnes Mares, Grands Échézeaux, etc. A pioneer in vinification methods, he was one of the first winemakers in Burgundy to move towards sustainable farming principles: limited fertilisers and treatments, yield management, etc. The Joseph Drouhin house has been managed by Robert Drouhin's four children since 2003. This famous house in Beaune is internationally renowned and consists of 72 hectares of vineyard, divided in to 26 ha of red and 46 ha of white. It spreads from north to south between Chablis (38 hectares), Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune (30 hectares). In 1987 the Domaine also acquired vines in Orégon.
About the cuvée The information published presents current information on the wine concerned and is not specific to a certain vintage. This text is protected by copyright and it is forbidden to copy without prior written consent from the author.