Midleton in County Cork is Ireland's largest distillery. It was founded in 1825 by brothers James, Daniel and Jeremiah Murphy. In 1966, the groups Jameson, Powers, and Cork Distillers merged to form Irish Distillers. In 1975, the Powers and Jameson distilleries were closed and a new distillery opened next to Midleton to centralize and optimize production for the various brands. The old distillery then closed and Midleton became the only distillery in Ireland until Cooley opened two years later. The focus then turned to the Jameson blend to the detriment of the single pot stills that have gradually come back into fashion in recent years.
About the cuvée
A Jameson Irish whiskey imported to Italy by Soffiantino in the 1970s. This edition was released just after Jameson, John Power & Son and Cork Distilleries merged to create Irish Distillers in 1966. It was at this point that Jameson became a blend, having formerly been a pure pot still. The malt whiskey was produced at the John’s Lane distillery and the grain whiskey at Bow Street, both of which were closed in favour of Midleton, where Jameson is produced today. Alongside Power’s, Jameson is one of the highest-selling Irish whiskeys in the world.
The information published presents current information on the wine concerned and is not specific to a certain vintage. This text is protected by copyright and it is forbidden to copy without prior written consent from the author.
Free and unlimited data access to 60,000 price estimates