Domain: Château La Dauphine The name Dauphine appears on a deed of sale dated 1684. La Dauphine was sold in 1709 to the Olivier family, who owned it for almost three centuries. In 1985, the last surviving member of the Olivier family sold it to the Moueix family; it was then purchased by businessman Jean Halley in 2000. La Dauphine is now the second largest Fronsadais domaine, with a château restored to its original glory. The 40-hectare vineyard has a full southerly exposure. The domaine has sought advice from oenology consultant Michel Rolland. Château La Dauphine is made from vines which are over 30 years old on clay-limestone and molasse du Fronsadais soil. It is aged in oak barrels, one third of which are new, for twelve months.