François Delamotte founded the company in 1760, establishing one of France’s longest-running champagne houses. In 1798, his son, Nicolas-Louis Delamotte, a Knight of Malta, succeeded him and Lanson Champagnes adopted the Maltese Cross as their crest. In 1837, when Nicolas died, his associate and close friend Jean-Baptiste Lanson took over management of the company. This was when the champagne house took the name Lanson, Père & Fils. The company soon turned to the English market and in 1882 signed an exclusive agent contract with the London-based distributor Percy Fox. This agreement lasted one century. In 1900, Queen Victoria awarded Lanson a Royal Warrant, making it official supplier to the Court of England. The company has kept the title ever since. In 2006, the champagne house was taken over by the BCC Group (Boizel Chanoine Champagne).
About the cuvée
Vintage collection cuvées are disgorged on the fly; corking, muselage (muzzling) and habillage (botle dressing) are performed manually. They are only produced in the best years, and are generally characterised by their richness, fullness, power and freshness.
The information published presents current information on the wine concerned and is not specific to a certain vintage. This text is protected by copyright and it is forbidden to copy without prior written consent from the author.