Domain: Armelle et Bernard Rion In 1880 Pierre Rion, former sharecropper at the Château de la Berchère at Nuits-Saint-Georges, purchased vines from Vosne-Romanée and founded the Domaine Rion. His son Louis took over and significantly expanded the domain. In 1952 the domain was divided up between his two sons. His eldest son, Marcel Rion, extended his domain and remained at Vosne-Romanée. Bernard Rion has worked with his father since 1973 and directs the domain with his wife Armelle.