Marquis d'Angerville

Marquis d'Angerville

Domain: Marquis d'Angerville

Domaine Marquis d'Angerville is a family enterprise created in 1804 by the Baron du Mesnil who acquired the Clos des Ducs, a property situated at Volnay, as well as surrounding parcels (Taillepieds, Caillerets and Champans). After the phylloxera crisis, the Baron du Mesnil's great grandson, the Marquis of Angerville, took over the vineyards and restored it by planting Pinot Noir. He was the first to bottle his own wine and sell it directly at the domain. His son Jacques took over the domain in 1952, and thanks to him the domain was rated among the best. When he died in 2003, he left immaculately-kept vineyards, exemplary wines, and a real philosophy for the great wines of Burgundy. His son Guillaume took over the business with the help of his brother-in-law, Renaud de Villette, an agronomics engineer who had worked with Jacques de Villette for over 15 years. Today, the vineyards cover over 14 hectares, the majority of which is in Volnay and Meursault. Thanks to an excellent grape variety and old vines, the yields are naturally reduced, the soil is worked, and microbial life and soil nutrient balance is maintained. All the wine produced is bottled at the domain.

Read more...

Marquis d'Angerville: All wines from this producer

Marquis d'Angerville: All wines from this producer

Volnay 1er Cru
Volnay 1er Cru
Volnay 1er Cru
Volnay 1er Cru
Volnay 1er Cru
Volnay 1er Cru
Volnay
More information about Marquis d'Angerville