aaaa373
7777777
Château Bouscaut

Château Bouscaut

Domain: Château Bouscaut

Located near the small town Cadaujac, the vineyard of Bouscaut exists since the 16th century. First called Haut Truchon, it is renamed in 1929, Château Le Bouscaut after the name of the village. That same year, the neighboring property, the Château Valoux, is attached to it. Throughout the 20th century, its successive owners have improved the chateau and the vines. In the 1930s, the vineyard is qualified as a property to follow by the Chamber of Agriculture! At the same time, a tower and new cellars are added to the main property. Loved by famous people like Louis Jouvet, Maurice Chevalier and Gilbert Bécaud, Chateau Le Bouscaut is classified Graves Cru Classé for its white and red wines in 1953 (it is one of the six double-classified chateaux). Early 1960, a fire completely destroyed the chateau. Fortunately, the cellars aren’t touched by the flames. The owner, Victor Place, rebuilt it identically and then sold the property in 1968 to a group of American investors. Placing at the head of the chateau, managers of Haut-Brion who will carry out numerous renovations in the chateau and vineyard. Finally, Bouscaut was acquired in 1979 by Lucien Lurton. A well-known winemaker from Bordeaux, he already owns a dozen other chateaux including Brane-Cantenac and Climens. Since 1992, Sophie Lurton, daughter of Lucien, and her husband Laurent Cogombles, manage the chateau. Numerous improvements have been made in the cellars (concrete tanks in 2002, new barrel cellars) and in the vineyard, which represents today 47 hectares (replanting vines, purchasing the neighboring Lamothe-Bouscaut property in 1999, buildings renovations).

Read more...

Château Bouscaut: All wines from this producer

Château Bouscaut: All wines from this producer

Bouscaut
Bouscaut
More information about Château Bouscaut