Domain: Château Mont-Redon The origins of Château Mont-Redon date back to the 14th century when it belonged to Domaine Episcopal. Taken over in the 17th century by the aristocrat Joseph Ignace d’Astier, it then passed into the hands of Henri Plantin in 1923 who planted vines on the vast plateau. As the domaine passed down through the family, it expanded. The 4th generation of the family now run the domaine that now spans no less than 186 hectares in Châteauneuf-du-Pape. The business also own two additional domaines, one in Côtes-du-Rhône and one in Lirac.