Domain: Sainte Barbe A final rampart against urbanisation, Domaine Sainte-Barbe (etymologically Barbara, from "barbarian") lies on the outskirts of Perpignan. The Catalan town should soon surround the vineyard, olive grove and small chapel (oratoire). To mark the signing of the Pyrenees Treaty between Philippe IV of Spain and Louis XIV of France on 7 November 1659, which attached the County of Roussillon to France, a small chapel was built in Sainte-Barbe. The property existed as a farm in the 17th century, and it was not until the 19th century that it began to produce Vins Doux Naturels, taking advantage of the clay-limestone terroir on a favourable vein of tufa. The property is managed by the Tricoire family, in particular Robert Tricoire.