Domain: J.L. Vergnon A family-domain for almost two centuries, domain JL Vergnon was first a wine and spirit merchant known by the name Maison Regnault Frères. In 1950, Jean-Louis Vergnon inherited the domain and decided to plant vines in the best appellations of the Côte des Blancs. He began as part of a cooperative, before producing his own champagnes. He produced his first wines in 1985, which before long received excellent reviews. When he passed away in 1989, his wife and children continued his work. Didier Vergnon took over the domain in 1999. Chardonnay is cultivated here following environmentally-friendly methods.