Bally’‘s history began with the foundation in 1774 of the Lajus Habitation, a sugar refinery in Carbet, Martinique. In 1917, the French engineer Jacques Bally bought the premises and updated the distillery’‘s equipment. It developed international renown under his direction. In 1987, it was moved to Simon, and then to Saint James in 1996. The brand is currently owned by the La Martiniquaise group.