The treaty marking the end of the Battle of Castillon, effectively ending the 100 Years War, was signed at Château de Pressac on 20 July 1453. The vineyard, consisting of a single block of vines, is planted on a limestone plateau which extends from Saint Emilion to Belvès de Castillon, 80 metres above the Garonne. It also includes some plots on the clay-limestone slopes. The domaine was purchased in 1997 by Jean-François and Dominique Quenin, who have made substantial investments in both the vineyard and the winery. The property also produces a very consistent second wine, Tour de Pressac.