Domain: Clos Saint-Jean Clos Saint Jean was established at the start of the 20th century by Edmond Tacussel and took on its current name in 1910. It has stayed in the same family over the generations, has expanded, and is currently run by Pascal and Vincent Maurel. Forty of its hectares are planted for Châteauneuf-du-Pape red and just one is planted for white. Yields are carefully controlled through pruning and green harvesting. The use of insecticides and chemical fertilisers is also kept to an absolute minimum. The quality of the grapes and the wine is evident. Length, texture and tension are key characteristics of wines from this highly-regarded domain.