Domain: Domaine Chanson Père et Fils Located in Beaune, the Chanson Père et Fils house was founded in 1750 by Simon Verry. It was then taken over by Nicolas Chanson in the 19th century, who developed the house’swinemaking activity and gave it its current name. It was purchased in 1999 by the Bollinger group; the vineyard now spans 45 hectares. Jean-Pierre Confuron advises the team, in both vineyard and cellar. The vines are grown organically, and the soils tilled; in the winery, a high proportion of stems is retained. The wines (especially reds) are of great quality and amply reward cellaring.