Domain: Castello Dei Rampolla The Castello Dei Rampolla domaine in Santa Lucia, Tuscany, has belonged to the di Napoli Rampolla family since 1739, but the winemaking venture was launched by Alceo di Napoli Rampolla in 1965. He was the first person in the region to plant Cabernet Sauvignon in order to blend it with Sangiovese. His children, Luca and Maurizia took over the reins from their father in 1994 and made the transition to biodynamic management (achieving certification in 1998). More recently, they have experimented with ageing in amphorae without the addition of sulphites. Their highly-reputed wines are some of the finest in Italy.