Domain: Georges Roumier
After his wedding in 1924, Georges Roumier inherited a flew plots from his wife's family domain. He manages this domain which at the time spread over several plots from Chambolle-Musingny and Bonnes-Mares appellations. At the end of the Second World War the domain rapidly developed and the Roumier wines became increasingly popular. In 1945 Georges Roumier started to bottle at the domain. He expanded the business by buying different parcels at Bonnes-Mares and Clos Vougeot and by acquiring a complete clos in 1953, the Clos de la Bussière, situated at Morey-Saint-Denis. His son, Jean-Marie Roumier, continued this development and added Corton Charlemagne and Musigny appellations to the domain. Today the domain has 11.8 hectares among the most renowned from Côte de Nuits. Two cuvées (Charmes-Chambertin and Ruchottes-Chambertin) come from parcels in sharecropping. They are labeled Christophe Roumier but have received the same care than the ones from the domain's team.
The domain uses integrated pest management: no fertilisers or herbicides, and hand-picked, perfectly-ripe grapes. After a meticulous sorting and partial de-stalking, the grapes are ready to be vinified. They are then matured for 15 to 18 months.