Domain: Château Canon Surrounded by first classified growths such as Belair, Magdelaine, Clos Fourtet and Beauséjour, Château Canon is one of the oldest properties in Saint-Emilion. It takes its name from an owner in the 18th century, Jacques Canon. Located on the south-west slopes of the appellation, the vineyard lies on varied soil consisting of clay-limestone and sand on limestone subsoil. The Fournier family owned the property from 1919 until 1996, when it was bought by the Wertheimer family from the Chanel group. This historical chateau of Saint-Emilion has significantly grown, since the rebought in 2011 of the Château Matras (12.5 ha), which is in the extension of the property.